Dec 20, 2015
Goodbye Cebu...Daghang Salamat!
Location : Cebu City, Cebu (province), Philippines
I've said goodbye so many times to Cebu, but invariably, I keep coming back. Cebu is that inviting, given its energy, the people she keeps, the yoga scene, and notwithstanding the horric traffic, it remains a destination in the Visayas, or at least a jumping board to the rest of the Philippines.
With the holidays, my last few weeks have been one of festivities for the yuletide season. It was also my last chance to thank and bid farewell to those who have shaped my 7 months in Cebu into one of abundance, discovery and introspection.
Cebu and Jeanne will always be synonymous. She has been a friend since I met her 3 years ago at Chu Un Temple. Loved and known by many, she exudes the authentic yoga aura that radiates. She's too giving, generosity morphing into magnanimity. She has always been my gracious hostess in Cebu who looked after my well-being, oftentimes behind the scene. Thank you Jeanne. I still don't know what I've done to deserve your friendship, but know that I am grateful.
Cebu is bursting at the seams with spiritual groups who profess high evolution, but sadly, gossip remains a pastime within some circles. It came to my attention that my name was being mud-smeared by those who see something on the surface and propagate a mindless speculation through the gossip mill, presenting their juicy speculation as fact. This is malicious, a lie and irresponsible to say the least. It damages the very advocacy they crusade for. The people adversely affected by this know the real score as they take ringside seat on this. The gossip mongers, not surprisingly, are the outsiders trying to look in, weaving fact, fiction and wild imaginings into something called GOSSIP.
Also with the Christmas season with my Dad recuperating from his cancer treatment, it was imperative for me to make the trip to Manila and spend the holidays with him. It also meant abruptly cutting short my stay in Cebu notwithstanding the looming horizon of opportunities that awaited. I don't plan my travels, but if the wind takes me back to Cebu again, I'll pack up with no hesitation.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Leave a comment?
Reader Comments:Angelo Villanueva
(Dec 27, 2015) Happy pasko! Where is the road leading you next?
(Dec 27, 2015) Hope the road leads you back to Cebu again soon, git! Safe travels!
(Dec 27, 2015) Take care, Git! Happy New Year!
Wella Marie Daclan-Acero
( Dec 28, 2015) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I wasn't able to formally say goodbye to you.. I'll surely miss your class.. come back to Cebu soon.. take care on ur next journey.
(Dec 28, 2015) hpi new year!
Principles and Origins
(Dec 27, 2015) come back soon. don't take too long. tc always.
Yuletide Season in Manila
More on Cebu City:
About Cebu City
Cebu City Google Map
Cebu City, Philippines
Cebu City to Camotes Island
Cebu City to Camotes Islands
- via Consuelo - from Cebu City, take the northbound bus passing through Danao and get off at the Danao Port. At the Port, take a Jomalia Shipping boat for Consuelo (San Francisco, Camotes), P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only).
Camotes Islands to Cebu City
- Poro - Cebu City (fastest and most direct) - go to Poro and take the 8am or 5pm Ocean Jet to Pier One in Cebu City, P380/pax/aircon, 2 hours
- Consuelo - Danao - Cebu City - go to Consuelo (San Francisco) and take the Jomalia Shipping boat to Danao, P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only). From Danao, take the Ceres Bus to Cebu City
Cebu City to Dumaguete
Cebu City to Dumaguete by Boat
- George and Peter Lines - Mon/Thur/Sat/Sun 10pm, (035)225.4337, 0922.557.1023
- Oceanjet - via Tagbilaran, daily 6am, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0918.898.2188
- Cokaliong - Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat 7pm, Sun 12pm, 6 hours, (035)225.3599
Cebu City to Dumaguete via Liloan (bus, boat, jeep, tricycle)
- Cebu City South Terminal - take the southbound Ceres bus to Liloan, P200, 5 hours
- Liloan - the bus drops you off at the Liloan Port where you board the Fastcraft to Sibulan, Negros Oriental, P62, 30 mins
- Sibulan - at the Sibulan Port, the jeeps wait for Fastcraft passengers to take them to the public market in Dumaguete, P12, 30 mins.
- Public Market - at the market, you can take any tricycle to your hotel, P8 for short trips
Cebu City to Tagbilaran, Bohol
Cebu City to Tagbilaran, Bohol
- Weesam Express - Pier 4, departs 9:00 AM, 2:00 PM, 6:30 PM, 2 hours
one way: Economy (aircon) P500.00, Economy (non-aircon) P400.00, First Class P600.00
round trip promo (at least 2 days advance booking): Economy (aircon) P600, Economy(non-aircon) P500, First Class P1200
round trip promo (1 day or on the day booking): Economy (aircon) P800, Economy (non-aircon) P700, First Class P1200
- Ocean Jet - Pier 1, departs 6-7-8-9:20-10:40-11:40AM, 1-2-4:20-6:35PM, 2 hours
Open Air / Tourist Class P800, Business Class P1000
+63 932 8734 885 / +63 922 8572 300
- SuperCat (2GO) - Pier 1, departs 08:15-13:30-15:10-18:00-19:40
+63 32 233 7000
- Lite Ferries - Pier 1, departs daily 12:30pm, 10:00pm and 1:00pm (Mon, Wed, Sat)
Standard (Lying) Php 150, Tourist (Lying Aircon) Php 340
+63 977.822.5483 / +63 998.999.5483 / +63 925.347.5483 / (032)255-1721 to 26 / (032)414-9001 to 03
email@example.com / www.liteferries.com
More on Cebu Province:
Suggested Destinations in Cebu
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
»» back to Traveling
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1973 | 1975 | 1976 | 1979 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | ALL BLOGS