When I got down on my luck and resorted to loaning money to keep me afloat, I was made to realize my vow of poverty has reached the end of the line. It was time for a change - a 1800 turn-around from poverty to wealth-building. Money is neither good nor bad - it's a tool to realize objectives.
I'd like to clarify that wealth-building is not an all-out pursuit of money at all cost. It's simply a new mandate where money sets the general direction and stamps the validation. But it's not the goal. The goal is still playing the game right.
Abstract? Here's an analogy. Sports fishing. Sport fishermen go out there prepared for the task at hand. They have all the equipment (lines, lures, rods, etc), the research (weather, terrain, etc.) and all the motivation to catch fish. Finally, when they catch a fish, what do they do? They release the fish back into the wild. That's right. Taking the fish home to eat is not the objective - they just want to fish! But even though they're out to return the fish, it's still very important to them to catch a fish as a validation.
My wealth-building paradigm goes the same way. It's not about lavishing myself with money once I make it. Of course, I'll use the money to put food on my table and fund my activities. But anything in excess of that, I'll probably use to realize my vision of a social enterprise where the stakeholders are net winners. It doesn't have to be a zero-sum game, and I'm out to prove that.
- U Trade Hosts Online Trading Forum with Tony Herbosa and Roy Reyes Mar 6, 2014
- Test Driving the 420D BMW Coupe Mar 6, 2014
- U Trade's Coming Out Party Feb 27, 2014
- Branding and Marketing the Compostela Valley Coastline Oct 10, 2013
- Pursuing Real Estate Feb 22, 2013
- Going Global Jan 26, 2013
- Not Thinking Big Enough Feb 11, 2012
- Blurring the Lines of Work and Play Jan 30, 2012
- Of Motivation and Being Poor Jul 2, 2011
- Building Wealth from Within Apr 12, 2011
- In Search of the Weakest Linkk Mar 10, 2011
- The Lamborghini Benchmark Mar 9, 2011
- Big and Bold Feb 1, 2011
- Turning Point Jan 21, 2011
- Creative Spark Jan 6, 2011
- Wealth Building with a Little Help from my Friends Nov 28, 2010
- 7 Months in Negros Oriental - The Aftermath Nov 17, 2010
- 7 Months in Negros Oriental - Swallowing Hard Nov 14, 2010
- Of Money and of Being Broke Nov 1, 2010
- Aha! Moments Oct 5, 2010
- Negros Oriental Real Estate Website Sep 28, 2010
- Nomadic Existence: A Return to the Default World Sep 19, 2010
- Nomadic Existence: A Rethinking Aug 8, 2010
1970 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | ALL BLOGS