June 29, 2017
Exploring Combento Cave Pool
Location : Combento Cave Pool, Virgen (barangay), Anda (municipality), Bohol (province), Philippines
Entrance Fee: P20/pax
From Poblacion, rates vary depending on who you're talking to. The cheapest I found was P70 2-ways including waiting time. He was Mr. Jose, an affable senior whom I had a casual conversation with. From the paved highway, we veered on a rocky dirt road towards the beach until the jump-off to the cave. Mr. Jose was nice enough to go with me to the cave to take pictures.
Combento Cave Pool
Combento Cave Pool is a refreshing dip into brackish water inside a tidal cave. The pool itself is spacious and surrounded by limestone rocks with a tall ceiling - it wasn't claustrophobic. The cave opening is wide enough to allow ample light to illuminate the pool. Depending on the tide, it could get shallow or deep. The deepest at that time was about neck level. On low tide, no salt water gets in so the only water inside is natural spring water which the locals used to drink.
Underwater Cave within a Cave
With my freedive equipment, I went under and noticed an underwater cave entrance inside the cave itself. It was big enough for a human to swim through, but it was pitch black inside. The underwater cave seemed to go deeper. I didn't dare go inside without a torch. Even if I had a torch, would I be able to manuever back inside that cave? With just one breath, it seemed foolhardy to even think about it.
Combento Cave Pool is exciting. Like Cabagnow Cave Pool, it holds its own mystery. There are many such caves in Anda. These 2 are the most popular. I'm just thankful to be there and experience them for myself.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Leave a comment?
Exploring Guimba and Sog-ong Caves of Loboc(Oct 22, 2017) It was surprising for me to hear about caves in Loboc. Outside Loboc, nobody talks about Loboc Caves. But Jeffrey assured me there are quite a handful of caves. They are so obscure, most don't even have names.....more »»
How to get to Combento Cave from Anda Poblacion
- take a tricycle, P30/pax one-way, 15 mins due to bad road after the main road. There is no tricycle on the way back, so ask the driver to wait for you, just tip him for the waiting time.
Bohol Google Map
- Danao Adventure Park - zip lining, cable car ride, caving, river rides/trekking, off-road buggy ride, root climbing, rappelling and ultra-glide rides
- Alona Beach - hub for tourists with hotels, resorts, restos, bars and dive shops
- Chocolate Hills - hills side-by-side shaped like giant Kisses chocolate
- Tarsier - pocket-sized marsupia looking like a monkey
- Balicasag Island - one of the best dive spots in the Philippines
- Loboc River - river cruise on a boat
- Anda Beach - fine white sand beach with resorts, restos and cottages, 3 hours by bus from Tagbilaran
- Cabagnow Cave Pool - brackish water pool about 5ft deep inside a limestone opening on the ground, 8 feet deep, P50
- Lamanok Island - walk on a 100m bamboo bridge on stilts to a resto area to take a boat tour to caves and nearly attractions, P300
- Combento Cave Pool - cave pool with underwater cave system, P20
- Can-umantad Falls - long narrow drop until it hits a bulbous mound spreading it into a a curtain-like water canopy and down into a splash pool
- Canawa Cold Spring - deep refreshing cold spring with developed pool area
- Firefly Tour - evening boat ride into the river to watch fireflies
- Fox & The Firefly Cottages - SUP paddle boarding, luxury riverside native cottages, mountain bike tours, SUP yoga
Baranggay Valladolid, Loboc, Bohol
- Bohol Tropics Resort - seafront location, manicured surroundings, swimming pool, resto/bar
0133 Graham Avenue, Brgy. Cogon, Tagbilaran, Bohol 6300
- Oasis Resort - Alona Beach location, dive center, resto / bar
Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol
- Jing Yoga - health & well being through yoga
The Courtyard - Airport Road fronting the church
Bohol Meditation and Yoga Center - 2nd Floor Lim Magtajas Bldg. CPG Avenue
Bohol Travel Info/Tips
Bohol FYI / Tips
- the tourist area where most of the hotels, restaurants, ticket offices, tour operators are, is located within the Alona Beach area
- the tourist attractions in Bohol are far apart and spread-out. It would be difficult to visit them all using public mass transit. Better hire a van (P3500/day) if in a big group, or rent a motorcycle (P400/day + gas)
- Bohol relies on its tourism for revenue. As expected, everything they can capitalize on from tourism is extensively used and developed
Tagbilaran Port to PanglaoYou can charter any tricycle from the port all the way to Panglao (~P300), but if you want to do it on the cheap,
- don't take the tricycles lined-up inside the port. Walk past the port gate and immediately outside, you'll see many tricycles. Take one to the bus terminal in Dao (~P15)
- in Dao, take the jeep that plies the Panglao route (~P20)
Tagbilaran (Bohol) to Cebu City by boat** schedules and rates keep changing, call for latest schedule
- Weesam Express - departs 6:15 AM, 11:30 AM, 4:00 PM
one way: Economy (aircon) P500.00, Economy (non-aircon) P400.00, First Class P600.00
round trip promo (at least 2 days advance booking): Economy (aircon) P600, Economy(non-aircon) P500, First Class P1200
round trip promo (1 day or on the day booking): Economy (aircon) P800, Economy (non-aircon) P700, First Class P1200
- Ocean Jet - departs 6-7:05-8:20-9:20-11:40AM, 1-2-3:30-4:20-5:30-6:30PM, 2 hours, arrives Pier 1 in Cebu
Open Air / Tourist Class P800, Business Class P1000
+63(32)255 7560 / +63 (32) 255 0115 / 0917 638 0000
- SuperCat (2GO) - departs 5:50-11AM, 3:45-5:25-8:15PM, arrives Pier 1 in Cebu
+63 32 233 7000
Things to do, Places to go in Bohol
- Chocolate Hills - this is a clustering of more than 1200 hills within a 50km2 area. They range in height from 30-50 meters. What's unusual is their near-perfect conical shape resembling an individual chocolate chip. No one knows how they were formed. Entrance is P50/pax.
- Tarsier Conservation Area - located Upper Bonbon, Loboc. The tarsiers are no longer being played at by tourists as circus props, but instead, visitors now view them in cordoned-off areas in their natural 6ha habitat. As they are territorial and nocturnal, they are predictable on where they can be viewed. P50/pax.
- Alona Beach (Panglao) - Alona Beach is the tourist hub of Bohol. It has 1.5 kms of white sand beach lined-up by bars, hotels and restos. Alona is also the jump-off point for Balicasag Island, a world class dive destination.
- Danao Adventure Park - located in Barangay Magtangtang, 72 kms (2 hours ride) from Tagbilaran. Adventure activities include river trekking, tyrolean traverse, rappelling, bouldering, rock climbing and ziplining.
Carlos P. Garcia Island
»» back to Traveling
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1973 | 1975 | 1976 | 1979 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | ALL BLOGS