June 12, 2017
Thank You Cebu
Location: Cebu City, Cebu (province), Philippines
Easy Life in Cebu
The easy life continued to roll by in Cebu...art openings, live music, alfreso dining, chill nights at Dragonfly, etc. Who could complain? It was bliss!
Slabadu Cafe and Bistro
Jeanne and I have talked and planned about this for the longest time. Finally, it happened. After our weekly Theosophical Talks, we just decided to go and invited the rest of the crew...and they said Yes! The place was packed. We were catching the Fire&Lites Band doing their 70s music, but it turns out they do modern numbers as well. This band has been around for over 3 decades and they really knew how to work on the crowd. People stood up and danced by their tables when the floor was jammed. Other performers took turns, notably, Joefre Capangpangan with his sax.
For open-air dining with city view, very few places can rival Mr. A. It has remained an iconic place in Cebu where friends and families gather for eats and bonding. Unlike Tops that's a bit too far out, Mr. A is just a little beyond Marco Polo Hotel. With Jeanne and friends, it was a lazy afternoon for a coldie and pizza bites.
It seems to be an emergent trend but after our Theosophical Talks the following week, there was a spontaneous call for chill nights at Dragonfly Yoga Studio in Beverly Hills. A different crew joined the call with the usual suspects. People took turns on the guitar as some sang along and cheered the vibe with cold San Miguel beer!
Somehow, I started translating in Tagalog what Jeanne was singing - e.g. Carole King's "Will you still love me tomorrow...", I would say (in between guitar strums), "Mahal mo pa rin ba ako bukas pag sikat ng araw?". It was a challenge to come up with a fast one before Jeanne sings the next line. It made for comic relief.
Vault Board Games Cafe
My dear friend from Camotes Islands, Charlotte, visited Cebu. Of course we had to meet up. She chose an interesting cafe - Vault Board Games Cafe. Nice handy location at The Greenery, industrial art deco, loft-style design, with all the board games you can imagine...yes, good coffee too! If you don't like talking to the person with you, don't text - do board games! It was great seeing Charlotte again like always (without Alyssha, whose absence was felt).
I could have stayed in Cebu for much longer. With good friends around, activities, chill-outs and my regular workout, it was a life of bliss. For all that, I have Jeanne to be thankful for.
Notwithstanding though, I felt a growing restlessness. I knew it was only a matter of days before I pack-up again and take the open road.
Love you, Jeanne...love you, Cebu!!!
Next stop: Bohol
Cebu City, Philippines
More Information about Cebu City
Cebu City to Camotes Island
- via Consuelo - from Cebu City, take the northbound bus passing through Danao and get off at the Danao Port. At the Port, take a Jomalia Shipping boat for Consuelo (San Francisco, Camotes), P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only).
Camotes Islands to Cebu City
- Poro - Cebu City (fastest and most direct) - go to Poro and take the 8am or 5pm Ocean Jet to Pier One in Cebu City, P380/pax/aircon, 2 hours
- Consuelo - Danao - Cebu City - go to Consuelo (San Francisco) and take the Jomalia Shipping boat to Danao, P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only). From Danao, take the Ceres Bus to Cebu City
Cebu City to Dumaguete, Negros Oriental by Boat
- George and Peter Lines - Mon/Thur/Sat/Sun 10pm, (035)225.4337, 0922.557.1023
- Oceanjet - via Tagbilaran, daily 6am, email@example.com, 0918.898.2188
- Cokaliong - Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat 7pm, Sun 12pm, 6 hours, (035)225.3599
Cebu City to Dumaguete via Liloan
- Cebu City South Terminal - take the southbound Ceres bus to Liloan, P200, 5 hours
- Liloan - the bus drops you off at the Liloan Port where you board the Fastcraft to Sibulan, Negros Oriental, P62, 30 mins
- Sibulan - at the Sibulan Port, the jeeps wait for Fastcraft passengers to take them to the public market in Dumaguete, P12, 30 mins.
- Public Market - at the market, you can take any tricycle to your hotel, P8 for short trips
Cebu City to Tagbilaran, Bohol
- Weesam Express - Pier 4, departs 9:00 AM, 2:00 PM, 6:30 PM, 2 hours
one way: Economy (aircon) P500.00, Economy (non-aircon) P400.00, First Class P600.00
round trip promo (at least 2 days advance booking): Economy (aircon) P600, Economy(non-aircon) P500, First Class P1200
round trip promo (1 day or on the day booking): Economy (aircon) P800, Economy (non-aircon) P700, First Class P1200
- Ocean Jet - Pier 1, departs 6-7-8-9:20-10:40-11:40AM, 1-2-4:20-6:35PM, 2 hours
Open Air / Tourist Class P800, Business Class P1000
+63 932 8734 885 / +63 922 8572 300
- SuperCat (2GO) - Pier 1, departs 08:15-13:30-15:10-18:00-19:40
+63 32 233 7000
- Lite Ferries - Pier 1, departs daily 12:30pm, 10:00pm and 1:00pm (Mon, Wed, Sat)
Standard (Lying) Php 150, Tourist (Lying Aircon) Php 340
+63 977.822.5483 / +63 998.999.5483 / +63 925.347.5483 / (032)255-1721 to 26 / (032)414-9001 to 03
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.liteferries.com
Suggested Destinations in Cebu
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
»» next Traveling story: Bohol Revisited
»» back to Traveling
»» back to Homepage
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | ALL BLOGS