Feb 22, 2014
La Creperie Paris Opens its Doors in Cebu City
Location: La Creperie Paris, Sonrisa Suites, Juana Osmena St., Capitol 6000 Cebu City
Crepe and I go a Long Way Back
I love crepe. Crepe was my staple when I toured Paris back in 2004. I was on a tight budget and feeding myself with street crepe was the name of the game (their version of our banana que). I blogged my crepe recipe, introduced crepe to Mario's menu in Apo Island, made a birthday crepe for Kitchie Nadal, concocted a kick-ass etag (Sagada's version of the Parma Ham) crepe while I was living in Sagada, etc. Yes, crepe is huge for me.
It was Sinulog day when I strayed into the Baseline area searching for a friend when I stumbled into a makeshift creperie in front of a building, offering something different (from beer and more alcohol) to revelers partying for the event. I was curious and waded myself through the thick crowd to see what was cooking (you have to be at the Baseline area during Sinulog to see what I mean). The lady manning (womanning?) the creperie recognized me from my yoga teaching at YogaHub - "you're the yoga teacher!". She was Jamaica. We talked and I got introduced to the french guy making the crepe, Rafael. After exchanging some info, I was off to see the rest of Sinulog. A few weeks later, I received an email invite for the soft launch of La Creperie Paris! How cool is that?
I was there for the crepe and wine as much as I was there to meet new people. Not surprisingly however, a lot of the guests were from the yoga community. All good, seeing them in new light (outside the mat and dressed for an evening occasion). Jamaica and Rafael were there. Jamaica was busy with the guests while Rafael was straddling between making crepe in the kitchen and welcoming guests. A lot of interesting people were there - Charlie and Abigail of Castle Peak Hotel yoga were there, Maria Angela and Elizabeth from YogaHub, Nicole of BMW, etc. I had one too many glasses of wine as I drifted from one person to another. I'm glad I have some pictures - otherwise the evening would have gone like a blur.
Crepe and wine were coming out of my ears! I was in my elements - meeting strangers, eating good food and washing it down with good wine. It doesn't happen everyday - oftentimes while I travel, I could be stuck in the mountains or a coastal area too far from the nearest city, with not much conversation happening. Better yet, these events pave the way for more things to come. Essentially, that is how life unravels for me. Already, Nicole invited me to test drive a 420 BMW and Jamaica has become a yoga buddy. I am in touch with some people I met from that event and who knows where that takes me? All good. The next magnificent live I'll meet is just around that bend.
Thank you Jamica and Rafael for making me a part of that gathering!
Contact: Rafael and Jamaica
Hours: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Location: Unit 1, Sonrisa Suites, Juana Osmena St., Capitol 6000 Cebu City
GPS waypoint: N10.313982, E123.894327
(Mar 24, 2014) just saw this now, thanks a lot Gigit! :)) very kind of you! :)
(Mar 24, 2014) haha. You must be in heaven. I hope you will inspire them with some tropical crepe recipes :)
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
Feb 22, 2014
»» next story: U Trade's Coming Out Party
»» next Food Odyssey story: Jaime Oliver vs. McDonald's
»» back to Food Odyssey
»» back to Homepage