Nov 21, 2015
Vegetarian Food at Cherry's the SPICE
Location: Gov. M. Cuenco Avenue (across Banilad Elementary School), Banilad, Cebu City, Philippines
GPS waypoint: 10°20'47.6"N 123°54'46.4"E
I received an invite from Japamala to savour vegetarian buffet at Cherry's the SPICE, an Indian restaurant serving authentic Indian cuisine from the xxxx region of India. The event is to promote satvic or subtle food that elevates the mind. In addition, they would be playing kirtan music with Amitabha on percussion.
PeoplescapeThe event was well attended by people from the Ananda Marga group. Even Dada Dharma graced the occasion and said a few things about the advantages of adhering to a vegetarian diet. I met Shiela, the new manager of the Ananda Marga Wellness Center, and like me, she's also new to Cebu and feeling her way through the culture. With her professional competence, confidence is high the Wellness Center will be streamlined. I also met Donna, a free spirit who recently quit her corporate job to follow her bliss - all the best!
The buffet offering consisted of genuine Basmati Rice, . With no bias, I had a really sumptuous meal. All the dishes were delicious - even the squash stew that was too hot for me was likewise delectable. Price? I don't really know, but from the looks of the unpretentious place, I would say it would be quite reasonable.
Cebu, being a 'sugba' city, a decent vegetarian restaurant is hard to find. With Cherry's the SPICE, the quest for simple healthy vegetarian food just got easier.
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
Nov 21, 2015
»» back to Food Odyssey
»» back to Homepage