Oct 24, 2015
Vegetarian Cooking Demo with Chef Sharon at Studio 108
Date/Time: 6:30pm, Oct 24, 2015
Fee: P300, including dinner and cocktails
Location: Studio 108, 2F Paseo Arcenas Building, 6000 Banawa, Cebu City, Philippines
Chef Sharon, owner and manager (with husband) of the popular rib joint, Surfin' Ribs, offered a cooking demo at Studio 108 where she gave tips on how to make pesto, pasta and canapes. Sharon studied at ISCAHM and took internship at Radisson Blu where she specialized in pasta and pizza. At Surfin' Ribs, she conceptualizes some of the menu and does the commissary.
Food Glorious Food
Dinner, cocktails and music followed after the demo. Sumptuous serving of pasta by Bobette was served, bite-size canapes from the tray by Sharon, fruit juices, and for the privileged few, fermented brew found its way into a few people's glasses.
As icing on the event, music was provided by Jeanne, Joan, Japamala, Amitabha and his son. Jeanne sang some classic oldies but goodies, while Joan belted out more recent tunes like Cranberries, Dido and Alanis Morissette. Amitabha was equally adept at percussion as he is with his Ashtanga. Japamala's musical chant was mezmerising.
Since the people who stayed behind were yogis, it wasn't unusual that inversions, asanas and yoga talk mantled the later part of the event. Regina did the Walking Dead on Urdva Dhanurasana (Wheel), Joan on inversions, Joy Anne on Mayurasana, etc. It was entertaining to say the least, yogis doing their version of Dirty Dancing - giving Patrick Swayze a run for his money.
A cooking demo doesn't happen too often in Cebu. But when it does, and when it's fully attended by yogis who share the same practice, it's getting to know the community a little better in a different light. All good!!! Thank you Anne and Joy for the invite! Thank you Chef Sharon for sharing!
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
Oct 24, 2015
»» next story: French Toast
»» next Food Odyssey story: Vegetarian Food at Cherry's the SPICE
»» back to Food Odyssey
»» back to Homepage