May 9, 2017
Be-In Gathering at Jeanne's
Location: Beverly Hills, Lahug, Cebu City, Cebu (province), Philippines
Stoked from the recent Ashtanga gathering at Jeanne's place, another "be in" event was staged, this time, instead of yoga, it was all about music, wine and friendship...with the usual suspects.
With just a few of us and 5 bottles to down with, things got loosened-up to let our hair down. Spontaneity with abandon became the name of the game. Surprising revelations were displayed, secrets were unveiled and I'll keep my mouth shut :)
Flute, Guitar and Organ Keyboard
Yes, not just a guitar, but also a flute and an organ. Jan competently winged classic songs she knew nothing about and Jeanne mesmerized everyone with her velvety voice which reminded me, "oh...where is Sade nowadays?" The evening was music-filled with tunes from the golden years to current Top 40.
In a karaoke-Zeitgeist where volumes are set at ear-shattering levels, it was pure bliss to come back to the old-fashioned days when someone just took a guitar out and sang familiar tunes as everyone circled their way around. But at Jeanne's, it didn't stop at that - the organ and the flute made up the symphony. With wine to wash things down, everybody got loose enough to forget they were yoga teachers. It was a memorable evening of music, wine and lots of love. Thank you Jeanne!
Reader Comments:Jan Kristine
(May 11, 2017) 'twas one of my memorable nights of my stay in Cebu :) Thank you Miss Jeanne and to those who sang and played with me. Thank you Ate Regina Bustamantena for bringing me to Miss Jeanne's place to get to know your family. (Divine family)
(May 11, 2017) Good vibes!
Regina Bustamante Malabago
(May 11, 2017) One of the most unforgettable night when I become full of different emotions hahaha. Sorry Jason and thank you miss Jeanne for listening me when I broke down...it was the wine
Cebu City, Philippines
More Information about Cebu City
Cebu City to Camotes Island
- via Consuelo - from Cebu City, take the northbound bus passing through Danao and get off at the Danao Port. At the Port, take a Jomalia Shipping boat for Consuelo (San Francisco, Camotes), P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only).
Camotes Islands to Cebu City
- Poro - Cebu City (fastest and most direct) - go to Poro and take the 8am or 5pm Ocean Jet to Pier One in Cebu City, P380/pax/aircon, 2 hours
- Consuelo - Danao - Cebu City - go to Consuelo (San Francisco) and take the Jomalia Shipping boat to Danao, P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only). From Danao, take the Ceres Bus to Cebu City
Cebu City to Dumaguete, Negros Oriental by Boat
- George and Peter Lines - Mon/Thur/Sat/Sun 10pm, (035)225.4337, 0922.557.1023
- Oceanjet - via Tagbilaran, daily 6am, email@example.com, 0918.898.2188
- Cokaliong - Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat 7pm, Sun 12pm, 6 hours, (035)225.3599
Cebu City to Dumaguete via Liloan
- Cebu City South Terminal - take the southbound Ceres bus to Liloan, P200, 5 hours
- Liloan - the bus drops you off at the Liloan Port where you board the Fastcraft to Sibulan, Negros Oriental, P62, 30 mins
- Sibulan - at the Sibulan Port, the jeeps wait for Fastcraft passengers to take them to the public market in Dumaguete, P12, 30 mins.
- Public Market - at the market, you can take any tricycle to your hotel, P8 for short trips
Suggested Destinations in Cebu
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
»» next story: Healing Yoga by Nonie Fernando at The Detox Bar
»» back to Chilling Out
»» back to Homepage
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | ALL BLOGS