May 6-7, 2012
Yoga at Cordova Reef Village Resort
Location: Cordova Reef Village Resort, Bantayan Cordova, Madridejos, Cebu (province), Philippines
The Yoga Option
When the 10-day Vipassana meditation was over, I was wondering where I'd end up. One meditator offered his place for me to crash in - thank you Arthur! But the place was far from the main scene where I wanted to explore. Another meditator practising Kundalini Yoga invited me to join her go to this resort - Cordova Reef Village Resort in Mactan to check-out the possibility of introducing yoga as a resort offering. Hmmm...I might be able to play a role there. With a night's lodging and meals included, I tagged along.
Two things struck me as soon as I entered the beach resort - it was beautiful and it was too quiet. I already knew I could do wonders to increase public awareness on the internet about this wonderful place. I've already done it before. Fortunately, I had a chance to chat with the owner and discuss my thoughts. His reply was, "Good salesmanship". I guess when you're that rich, everybody wants to sell you something. If not for anything else, I enjoyed the conversation. He was a man of grace, insight, experience and dimension - a great complement to his wealth.
One of the guest cottages was given to me - a whopping P4500/night value. It was plush - split-level aircon, bathtub, flat LCD tv, wifi and an assortment of complimentary toiletries. It's interesting that earlier during that day, I was using laundry bar to take a bath.
I was able to do my yoga early the following day by the gorgeous pool as the sun was rising. I miss yoga. I hope to continue providing free yoga in every destination I find myself in. In the last few months of my stay in Dumaguete, I was conducting free yoga twice a week on my roof deck. I miss that too.
Being open to anything that might happen and welcoming change, great things happen. And that's exactly what happened. As I left the resort, I found a cheap place near SM Cebu - Sugbutel with P250/night for a bunk bed in a dorm. Again, I open myself to positive surprises that might sneak up on me.
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451
- via Poro - from Pier One in Cebu City, take the Ocean Jet for Poro, 2 hours, daily trip - 6am and 3pm (0936.823.8762 |0956.270.6610 | 0999.889.9999).
- via Consuelo - from Cebu City, take the northbound bus passing through Danao and get off at the Danao Port. At the Port, take a Jomalia Shipping boat for Consuelo (San Francisco, Camotes), P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only).
- Poro - Cebu City (fastest and most direct) - go to Poro and take the 8am or 5pm Ocean Jet to Pier One in Cebu City, P380/pax/aircon, 2 hours
- Consuelo - Danao - Cebu City - go to Consuelo (San Francisco) and take the Jomalia Shipping boat to Danao, P220/pax, a/c, 2 hours, daily trip - 5:30am, 7:00am (special trip), 8:30am, 12:00 noon (express), 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:00pm (express, Fri/Sat/Sun only). From Danao, take the Ceres Bus to Cebu City
- George and Peter Lines - Mon/Thur/Sat/Sun 10pm, (035)225.4337, 0922.557.1023
- Oceanjet - via Tagbilaran, daily 6am, email@example.com, 0918.898.2188
- Cokaliong - Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat 7pm, Sun 12pm, 6 hours, (035)225.3599
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
(May 14, 2012) The resort is a beautiful lady with a silent heart...
»» next story: Cyber Monk
»» next Yoga story: Free Yoga at People's Park
»» back to Yoga
»» back to Homepage