Jan 1, 2014
New Year Yoga at Dragonfly Yoga Studio
Location: Dragonfly Yoga Studio, 127 Canyon Road, Beverly Hills Subd., Lahug, Cebu City, Cebu (province), Philippines
Karma Yoga at Dragonfly
As a way to welcome 2014, Jeanne hosted karma yoga (free yoga) at Dragonfly Yoga Studio for Cebu's diehard yoga denizens. The session started off with the participants expressing their New Year resolutions - ranging from deepening their yoga practice to finding a boyfriend ! Four teachers took turns conducting an intense class to benchmark the participants' unwavering resolve in manifesting their new year resolutions. Jeanne started the class with Surya Namaskar warm-ups, followed by yours truly doing abs-yoga (core development), Jason Robles conducting arm-balances and inversions, and Regina Bustamante with the cooling-down closing.
After nearly 2 hours of challenging poses woven together into a flowing vinyasa - breath, banda and mudra for the taking, we were all famished and fatigued. What followed was food...glorious food! Breaking bread with generous smiles and warmth radiating from everyone took the stage as we drank homemade Bailey's Irish Creme, cake rolls, fruits, pastries and regional delicacies which were generously shared by everyone. The inter-connectedness of the community came into focus as spontaneous conversation permeated into the scene with new year well-wishes, hugs and kisses, social updates, planned get-togethers, etc...
With yogic momentum riding strong on everyone's agenda, the benchmark is set for broadening this year's yogic landscape and peoplescape. Confidence is high that Cebu's yoga community remains vibrant, interactive and full of promise as individual yogis take ownership of their deepening practice.
Thank you Jeanne for making this happen. Your selfless effort goes a looong way in extending yoga beyond the mat.
- Ashtanga Primary Series Yoga in Cebu May 5, 2017
- 3-Night Cebu Stopover Apr 6-9, 2017
- Thank You Cebu, til the Next Time Oct 21, 2013 - May 15, 2014
- Aqua Yoga with Jeanne Torrefranca at Dragonfly Pool May 4, 2014
- SUP Yoga with Jeanne Torrefranca at Plantation Bay Mar 23, 2014
- Jeanne's Community Outreach Program Mar 2, 2014
- New Year Yoga at Dragonfly Yoga Studio Jan 1, 2014
- Fab People: Jeanne Torrefranca (Yogini) Dec 25, 2013
- Cebu Yoga Immersion Nov 14, 2013
- Tops Lookout - elevated lookout point, overlooking the city - great at night on a clear day when there is no fog
- Taoist Temple - well maintained temple perched on a hillslope inside Beverly Hills
- Magellan's Cross - great historical significance, in Mactan where Magellan claimed the Philippines for Spain
- Lapu-Lapu Shrine - not really a shrine, but a 20-meter bronze statue of Lapu-Lapu, the chieftain who killed Magellan
- Basilica Minore del Santo Nino - commonly known as Santo Niño Church, is an old church built in 1565
- Fort San Pedro - built in the early 1700s to protect against Muslim raids, it has cannons, walled fortifications, etc.
- Siomai - in Tisa in Labangon
- Ngohiong - only found in Cebu (practically all street corners) - deep fried spring rolls with Chinese 5-spice seasoning
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo, Cebu Province
- Waterfalls - Barile, Cebu Province
- Chicharon and Lechon - in public market of Carbar, Cebu Province
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob, Cebu Province
Cebu City, Philippines
Tops - hilltop offering panoramic view of the city
Taoist Temple - temple on a hillslope in Lahug with panoramic view of the city
- Hostel Seven Cebu - newly opened, resto/bar, central location, solo/group travellers
Juana Osmeña Street, Cebu City
- S Hotel & Residences - new hotel, luxury rooms, central location
827 M. Velez corner Andres Abellana St.
resto / cafe / bar
- Fujinoya - new and refreshing twists to Western style desserts using Japanese techniques
Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City - tel. 888.6075
- Bad Boys Wingz - Buffalo Wings, unique versions of sauces! Great service, accommodating staff, bad boys vibe
Kasambagan, Cebu City | (032) 415 4811
- Love Yoga World - yoga studio
11/fl, Skyrise 2 Tower, IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City
- Yoga Now - first Yoga and Wellness studio in Mactan offering daily Yoga Classes
at The Yacht Club Mactan
- Cebu Mountain Bike Adventure - MTB tours, bike sales and repairs. Bed and Breakfast + Resto Cafe + wifi
1298-b V.Rama Ave, Guadalupe, Cebu City | 0942.959.7451
- Camotes Islands - caves, beaches
- Cebu City - rich in culture and history, 2nd largest city in the Philippines
- Moalboal - amazing coral reef system, sardine bowl, deep drop-off for freediving
- Oslob - Butanding (whale shark) watching
- Bantayan Island - long stretch of fine white sand beach, Virgin Island for snorkeling
- Malapascua Island - divers' paradise for seeing the rare Thresher Shark
- Cantabaco Cave - Toledo
- Barile Waterfalls - Barile
- Whale Shark Tour - Oslob
- Carcar - chicharon and lechon in public market
(Jan 2, 2014) agreed! well said Gigit!
Jingle Gela Rafols
(Jan 2, 2014) thank you Gigit, you are a good teacher and a strong one, namaste
Stejorry Maelin Co
(Jan 2, 2014) Power core!!!
Regina Bustamante Malabago
(Jan 2, 2014) A wonderful way to start our new year. I Love the energies everybody are strong and awesome!!!
(Jan 2, 2014) thank you for allowing us to be a part of your practice! we had an awesome time learning from such wonderful teachers.
Jean Melliza Jueco
(Jan 2, 2014) Wow, it was an unexpected strong powerful happy new year core sequence! Plus Jason's smooth voice! Thank you so much , we all need it after all the holiday 'binge-ing'!!!Great energy! And we overstayed!
Meggy Badelles Sison
(Jan 2, 2014) I will join you sooon....
Jan 1, 2014
»» next Yoga story: Deepening the Yoga Practice in Cebu
»» back to Yoga
»» back to Homepage