Date > 2023 > Mar
Activity > Lucid Thoughts
Blogs about Quantum Mechanics
Mar 6, 2023
Consciousness Creates Reality?
Location : Lazi, Siquijor Island, Philippines
Desiring and Manifesting
The more I desire an outcome, there is a correlating increased likelihood that it will happen. And it has, on so many occassions. I'm drawn to conclude that consciousness influences the way reality unravels.
In the 1927 Solvay Conference attended to by the world's most brilliant minds (Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Max Planck, Werner Heisenberg, Erwin Schrodinger, Niels Bohr, etc), the quantum physicists disclosed what should have been a bombshell - that the presence of their minds was affecting the outcome of their experiments. They were observing a phenomenon and the fact that there was an observer watching, the results of their experiments were altered. This later on became the famous and mind-boggling double slit experiment. They are saying that for reality to happen, there needs to be an observer. Therefore, reality as we know it has no objective existence.
Swept Under the Rug
That was powerful and should have radically changed the way we do things....from a position of empowerment. But somehow, this insight was relegated as academic soundbite and left to the technical people to make sense of it. Its profound ramification was not filtered down to the huddled masses. The marginalized and the disempowered continued to be pathetic victims of life.
Bio / Mind Hacker
As a conceptual tinkerer who has a pinnache for hacking ideas, my mind started racing. If the presence of a mind can influence the outcome of reality, what more if you add intention and gratitude to a desired outcome? And what if you turbo-charge that intention by meditating on it? Wouldn't that be exponentially more powerful? As a practicing yogi with increased awareness on day-to-day life, I see this correlation / causality. When I desire something, I still do the due-diligence, but I'm resigned to the fact that it will happen, most of the time, with nothing to do with my 'effort'. What if consciousness actually creates reality...not just influencing it, but manifesting reality as we architecture it with our desire, visualization, intention, gratitude and meditation?
All of reality can just be a perception - meaning it has no objective existence. How is that? Have you ever dreamt of being with a 'best friend'? In your dream, you shared a long, tried-and-tested history, where either of you would even take the bullet for the other. And there is nothing you would not do for this person. Your friendship goes deep down.
And then you wake up. And you realized you haven't met this person - he never existed. His existence was all perception that resided only in your mind.
So what if this waking reality is just another dream we just haven't awaken from? Who is to say that everything we experienced here and everyone we met, would turn out to be non-existent as well, when we 'wake up'?
So, if this waking reality is just perception, then we can architecture our own version of this reality. How? Again, by putting intention, visualization, feeling and gratitude of the outcome!
While abstract even to men of science, the leading proponents of this thinking, who happen to be the most brilliant minds alive today (Leonard Susskind, Neil deGrasse Tyson, David Bohm) are saying that the data supporting this hypothesis is too compelling that dismissing it outright would be reckless.
Essentially, it's saying that reality as we experience it has no objective existence. Reality is a computer simulation. Compelling arguments posit that matter is quantized, therefore it's computational. Super Symmetry advocate, Jim Gates even claimed that he discovered an underlying computational code defining reality.
Consciousness creating reality. I know it's abstract. Science cannot even begin to apply empiricism to this. It's beyond woo-woo to the 9-5ers.
It was equally abstract to me when I first stumbled upon this concept. But so far, everything I read about yoga, about quantum mechanics, about Buddhism and spirituality, say the same thing - that the true nature of reality is emptiness. Everything else is just perception - the body, the memories, feelings, the external world, ego, sense of 'self', they are all perception to give us a human experience so that we learn what we need to learn - and that's why we are here...that's why we exist. Otherwise, we're just occupying space in this vast universe.
The more I wrap my mind around this concept, the more I test it, the more I'm drawn to conclude that yes, consciousness creates reality...or a perception of reality.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Leave a comment?
use "lazi_info.shtml" instead
More on Lazi:
- Resorts - Lazi has some beach resorts on its west coast but the popular area for tourist resorts are in San Juan
- Transport - Lazi is the junction where the jeeps begin their clockwise route (Lazi-San Juan-Siquijor Port) or the counter clockwise route (Lazi-Maria-Larena Port). Even though Lazi has a port, it's not used for passengers. Because the jeeps are rare with about 2 to 3 trips/day, it's practical to just have a motorcycle here in Siquijor. With its affordability (a brand new Rusi motorbike is as low as P45k), people just buy motorcycles...especially those who live up in the mountains.
- The Boulevard - Lazi's main draw is its seaside cobblestone promenade. When the sun sets, people gather here for eats, drinks, open-air, harbor view and the sunset
More on Siquijor Island:
Siquijor Island Local Info
Jeeps - there are only 2 routes for jeeps within Siquijor Island - and they are rare. Most people have their own motorcycle transport.
- Siquijor Port to Lazi - last trip leaves at 3pm from station near market
- Lazi to Siquijor Port - jeeps depart from the Lazi Port area. 5 jeeps, the last trip at 12:30 pm. Lazi to San Juan, P50.
- Larena Port to Lazi - jeeps are unpredictable. As of this writing, there is only 1 jeep plying the Larena-Lazi route. This jeep leaves Larena for Lazi at 9:50am. After that, no more jeep. You'll have to take a tricycle to Siquijor Pob for jeeps going to Lazi
- Lazi to Larena Port - 6am (daily) and 9 am (M-Th)
Food - these were suggested by a local to me
- Lechon manok & liempo - roasted pork belly and chicken at Joel's in Siquijor Poblacion. I've tried this myself...yummy, even if the chicken was no longer hot
- Bibingka - sweetened rice cake by Fidy's Bibingka (P30) in Sawang, Maria. I've come back for this and I buy for other people as well as 'pasalubong' - they love this
- Siopao - at the Rosita store near Thrifty (P25) in Siquijor Poblacion
- Peanut butter - by Rene. Just ask around in Siquijor Poblacion. It's popular
- Torta - sweet cakish bread at the Thrifty story in Siquijor Poblacion
Siquijor Island Map
Siquijor - Dumaguete Boat Trips(as of Jan 2023)
- Montenegro Lines - at Siquijor Port, P234.00/pax, P169/bicycle, 7:30am/10:00am/2:00pm/4:30pm/7:30? or 9:00? pm
- Ocean Jet - 40 mins,at Siquijor Port, 0919.066.5964, www.oceanjet.net, firstname.lastname@example.org, 6:00am/6:00pm, P350/pax (tourist/open air), P580/pax (business class)
- Atlantis Yohan Express - Siquijor Port or Larena Port?
- Aleson Shipping Lines - Siquijor Port, P200/reg, P250/a-c, 6:00 am daily, 1:30 pm & 6:30pm M-Sat
Siquijor - Tagbilaran - Cebu City Boat Trips(as of Jan 2023)
En route to Cebu City, the ferries usually make a stop-over to Tagbilaran (Bohol) to pick-up more passengers or unload.
- Ocean Jet - 2 hours, 8:20am, at Siquijor Port
To Tagbilaran: P800/tourist & open air, P1200/business class
To Cebu: ?
- Lite Ferries - at Larena Port,
To Tagbilaran: T-Th-Sun, P475/standard, 7pm, 3 hours, PHP?
To Cebu: T-Th-Sun, 7pm, 7 hours, PHP 650
Siquijor - Plaridel Boat Trips(as of Jan 2023)
- Lite Ferries - at Larena Port, T-Th-Sun, 2:00 am, 5 hours, PHP?
Siquijor - Cebu (Liloan) - Cebu City BUS Trip(as of Jan 2023)
There is only one bus plying this route - Sugbo Urban. Tourist class coach, a/c, comfortable, Sun-Fri (these dates keep changing). P420 for bus, P275 for ferry to Liloan. Larena Port around 5 am, makes a clockwise roundtrip around Siquijor Island - Larena, Enrique Villanueva, Maria, Lazi (stops at Lazi market for breakfast and leaves 6:50 am), San Juan, Siquijor (arrives 8am, P50 from Lazi to Siquijor Poblacion) and catches the 1pm ferry at Larena Port (Sundays at 3 pm) for Liloan, Cebu and resumes its land route. Arrives Cebu City (South Bus Terminal) 10 pm.
Sugbo Urban is the cheapest and most convenient way because it goes around the island (clockwise) along the circumferential road, passing through - Enrique Villanueva, Maria, Lazi, San Juan, Siquijor...and back to Larena where it takes the ferry at 1 pm. This saves you the hassle and high transport cost of a tricycle. Besides, it's a long trip from the other side of the island to be taking by tricycle.
Suggested Destinations After Siquijor Island
These are the nearest popular destinations from Siquijor by boat
- Bohol - Bohol is an island northeast Siquijor. Tourist attractions are Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Monkey, Loboc River Cruise, Beaches of Panglao, whale sharks (recent offering), freediving (recent offering)
- Cebu - Cebu City is the usual gateway into the Visayas. But in Cebu Island itself, there are many offerings - Whale Sharks of Oslob, sardine run at Moalboal,Thresher Shark of Malapascua
- Dapitan (Zamboanga del Norte) - I haven't been there but a lot of island ferries ply this port. There must be something here.
- Dumaguete - Dumaguete is a small charming progressive coastal town in Negros Oriental. Cafe and restaurants line the famous Boulevard Boardwalk. Tourist attractions include Japanese Shrine, Casaroro Falls, snorkeling along the southern coastline (Dauin, Masaplod Norte, etc), Balinsasayao Twin Lakes
- Plaridel (Misamis Occidental, Mindanao) - I haven't been there but a lot of island ferries ply this port. There must be something here.
- Mar Snapshots Mar 28, 2023
- My Mar Yoga Practice: a Journal Mar 21-28, 2023
- The Thief, the Shaman, the Elves and the Police Mar 20-, 2023
- Finally Acquiring the Motorbike Mar 18, 2023
- Bitcoin Blunder Mar 15, 2023
- Maria's Unsung Beaches Mar 11, 2023
- Lagaan Falls Mar 9, 2023
- Tibhong Spring Water Source Mar 8, 2023
- Bolo-Bolo Natural Spring Mar 2, 2023
- Feb Snapshots Feb 28, 2023
- My Feb Yoga Practice: a Journal Feb 21-28, 2023
- Camagung-Ong Natural Spring Feb 28, 2023
- Heeeere's Johnnie! Feb 26, 2023
- Manifesting a Motorbike from Thin Air? Feb 18, 2023
- The 'Bad Guy' of Siquijor Feb 15, 2023
- Amazement from Drivers License Renewal in Siquijor Feb 15, 2023
- Locong Falls Feb 9, 2023
- A Case of Inguinal Hernia? Feb 4, 2023
- Jan Snapshots Dec 31, 2022
- In Search of Tubod Cold Spring Jan 27, 2023
- 1:4:2:3 Nadi Shodana Jan 26, 2023
- Lazi's Boulevard Jan 22, 2023
- Lazi: A Monthly Stay Jan 21, 2023
- 7 Days in Maria, Siquijor Jan 14-21, 2023
- Capilay Spring Jan 17, 2023
- Siquijor: In Search of Resonance Jan 9-14, 2023
- Riding Around Siquijor's 86km Coastal Road Apr 3, 2012
- Exploring the Cantabon Cave of Siquijor Feb 23, 2012
- Jovee and Missy's Excellent Adventure Nov 6-7, 2010
- Freediving in Siquijor's Marine Sancturaries Apr 23-24, 2010
- Island Tour of Siquijor Apr 22, 2010
- Kram's Siquijor Wedding Apr 21, 2010
»» back to Lucid Thoughts
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1973 | 1975 | 1976 | 1979 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | ALL BLOGS