Oct 31-Nov 22, 2016
Yoga at SandCastles Palawan, Coron
Location : SandCastles Palawan Resort, Cheey (barangay), Busuanga (municipality), Palawan (province), Philippines
Beach yoga first thing in the morning in a rustic beach resort as the sun rises is as cliché-perfect as it gets to starting the day right. At SandCastles Palawan, the day begins like this. In continuing my practice, I invite Outback Greg and the current guests of the resort to join me as I conduct my morning practice.
On one occassion, Gino, a resort guest and a part of the Malaysian crew, conducted a Tri-Dosha yoga on the hilltop overlooking the nearby islands. It was a very relaxing sequence that keeps defaulting back to Savasana as a base asana. At the end of it, the body felt restored back to its 'factory settings'.
Cheng and Melissa
Early on, I had a class with Melissa and Cheng. It was difficult balancing and getting proper alignment while standing on sand, but we did the best we could. The tide was low and the wind was calm...soothing for an early meditation following the asanas.
The Six Belgians
Coming from Culion back to SandCastles, a group of lovely Belgian ladies were guests at the resort. While new to yoga, they were all eager to star on their practice. Not limited to asanas, I also introduced Pranayama for the extra boost of energy. Yoga was then followed by snorkeling on SandCastles' house reef. It doesn't get any better than that.
Greg and I are of the same age. Like me, he loves the outdoors and plays hard. I couldn't think of a better supplement to that lifestyle than yoga, pranayama and meditation. I simply shared with him my own private practice specially prayanama to tap into that unfathomable energy reservoir. I wasn't aiming for a Superman-effect - just fortifying the body for resiliency against sickness and speedy restoration.
The German Contingent
After the Belgians left, 4 Germans arrived, one of them with a tummy problem. I focused on twists, Uddiyana Bandha, nauli support poses and Hamsasana to put fire back into the digestive system, optimize digestion, flush out digestive residues and massage the internal organs. For travelers who do not have the luxury of meal-choices when traveling, digestive optimization is paramount.
In theory, there is no illness yoga cannot cure. When there is sickness, it means prana is blocked to that part of the body. Through yoga asanas, the blockage is cleared allowing prana to flow freely and rid the body of the malady, restoring the body back to optimum health.
In continuing my practice, I am able to share my yoga, more or less, on a student-need basis. This is along my vision of yoga for therapy. While yoga itself is therapeutic, I would like to concentrate on poses that focus primarily on body parts that need therapy the most - like kidney poses for kidney disorders. This is the aspect of yoga that interests me the most. With more time to explore on this, I hope to deepen my yoga to tailor-fit a practice or sequence suited to an individual's unique health needs.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Leave a comment?
Reader Comments:Outback Greg
(Nov 26, 2016) Thank you for your patience, Master
(Nov 24, 2016) Were you teaching the class?
(Nov 22, 2016) I'm glad that this is becoming a thing now! I knew we met for a reason. I plan to head back end of April let's try and meet up!
(Nov 22, 2016) Love the writing my friend!! And such kinds words about the session x so happy to have met you on this journey Gigit Until our paths cross again hmmm?
Yoga at SandCastles Palawan, Coron Oct 31-Nov 22, 2016
Yoga Calisthenics in Camotes Islands Mar 3, 2017
Tribal Adventures Palawanexpedition | island tours | kayaking
Coron, Busuanga, Palawan, Philippines
(63) 998 999 3049
Palawan SandCastlesbeach house | cabanas | pavillon huts
Coron, Busuanga, Palawan, Philippines
(63) 998 999 3049
Google Map > Busuanga
Busuanga, Palawan, Philippines
- Maquinit Hot Springs - salt-water hot spring, P200/person
- Calauit Safari - free-range African wildlife
- Kayangan Lake - one of the cleanest lake in the country, scenic view
- Barracuda Lake - thermocline, cave diving, scuba diving
- Twin Lagoon - two lagoons, an outer and an inner one, where you swim through a cavelike entrance
- Palawan SandCastles - beach house, house reef, rustic beach environment away from Coron Town
0998 999 3049 | 12°14'00.7"N 120°02'19.1"E
- Expeditions BnB - grand opening, all new, Coron Town location, roofdeck, sea/mountain view from room
11 San Agustin St Bgy 3 Coron Palawan
0919.992.6766 | °11°59'54.4"N 120°12'13.4"E
- Tribal Adventures Tours - multi-day kayak expedition, day tours, island tours, mountain biking, snorkeling, hiking
+63 998.999.3049 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calamianes Expeditions & Ecotours - island tours, community based ecotourism experience
+639193054363 / +639202546553 / +63 9152543246 / 02 984 7795 | email@example.com
Great Things Going for Busuanga
- beaches, islands, snorkeling, scuba diving, wreck diving
- you want to add some more? please submit on the form below
Not So Great Things Going Against Busuanga
- slow and unreliable internet
Coron (Busuanga) Blogs
- Beach Life at Palawan SandCastles Oct 31-Nov 22, 2016
- Mountain Biking the Trails of Busuanga with Outback Greg of Tribal Adventures Oct 31-Nov 22, 2016
- Yoga at Palawan SandCastles, Busuanga Oct 31-Nov 22, 2016
- In Search of Dugong Nov 21, 2016
- 3-Day Circumnavigation of Coron Island by Kayak Nov 17-19, 2016
- Traveling with Cheng Oct 31-Nov 8, 2016
- Tribal Adventures in Coron with Outback Greg Jan 13-17, 2016
- Chillingout in Coron Town, Busuanga Oct 23-29, 2012
- Camp Life in Camp Calauit Oct 18-23, 2012
- Mountain Biking Fund Raising Event in Cheey, Busuanga Oct 20, 2012
- Salvacion-Cheey Traverse Oct 19, 2012
- Into The Black Jan 31, 2012
- Blurring the Lines of Work and Play Jan 30, 2012
- Free-Diving Calumbuyan Reef, Coral Garden and Lusong Gunboat Jan 14, 2012
- Exploring Dive Link Resort Jan 13, 2012
- Coron Island Tour - Malcapuya, Banana and Bulog Islands Jan 10, 2012
- Wreck Diving in Coron with Rocksteady Dive Center Jan 8, 2012
- Diving Barracuda Lake and Kogyo Maru Jan 4, 2012
- Banol Beach, Barracuda Lake, Calachuchi Reef, Siete Pecados Marine Park, Alcatraz Reef Island Tour Dec 27, 2011
- Coron Ultimate Island Tour by Calamianes Expeditions Ecotours Dec 24, 2011
- Life's a Beach at Camp Calauit Dec 17-31, 2011
- Traversing the Northern Coast of Busuanga Island Dec 14-16, 2011
- Skin Diving and Beach Camping at Calumbuyan Island Mar 10-12, 2010
- Sea Kayaking, Beach Camping and Skin Diving with Outback Greg on his Tribal Adventures Tour Mar 9-14, 2010
- Motorbike Riding Around Busuanga Island Apr 3, 2008
- Coron Skin Diving Mar 30, 2008
- Coron Kayaking Mar 31, 2008
»» back to Yoga
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1973 | 1975 | 1976 | 1979 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | ALL BLOGS