Apr 20, 2020
Fitness in Quarantine Times
Location : Mut Mee Garden Guest House, Nong Khai, Thailand
Yoga at the Core of It
Fitness and staying healthy are key during these Covid times when you're holed-up in the house and Netflix becomes an addicting habit. I'm lucky to be hunkering down in the garden setting of Mut Mee Guest House where there is ample space for workout fronting the Mekong River and overlooking Laos on the other bank. My approach is holistic (body, mind and spirit) and always aligned to yogic principles. It doesn't matter if I'm doing calisthenics or asana, breath is always the priority, being mindful of what I'm doing, non-reactive to the increasing difficulty of the workout, putting focus on my intention, and remaining grateful for my health and abundance.
Let me share with you my Daily Practice.
Slow Incline Push-Up
High Plank / Side Plank Hold
Wall-Supported Handstand Hold
Altogether, I could be spending as much as 4 hours daily for my personal practice. This takes priority to ensure I don't succumb to this pandemic. Beyond surviving Covid 19, I remain strong, medication-free, diet restriction-free, disease-free and full of vigor. I'll even be bold to say it delays my ageing process. Compared to the medical bills my friends routinely cough-up - doctors fees, prescripton drugs, maintenance check-ups, surgery, in-patient confinements, tests, etc., I am saving a HUGE amount of money. But more than money, quality of life remains high and full of vigor. Health is wealth. Period.
I've already shared my healthy habits. It worked for me, I'm confident it'll work for you.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Leave a comment?
Biohackers Meetup in Chiang Mai(Jan 25, 2003) I've always been a biohacker before I even knew the word. I think biohacking is a state of thinking. You have this uncanny ability to connect the dots inside your head from diverse disciplines, with an intuitive hunch on the outcome. In more ways than one, the only way to find out if it works is to try it on your body - you become the guinea pig. When Jason organized a biohacker meetup, I just had to show up.....more »»
Nong Khai Map
Vientiane to Nong Khai by bus
At the Khua Din Bus Terminal, you can board the #14 bus bound for Buddha Park. It will make a stop on the Friendship Bridge border - 15 mins, B8000. Go to Laos Immigration to exit. Board the special bus to cross the Friendship Bridge, Kip 4,000 or Baht 20. It will stop at Thai Immigration. Get processed. From there, board a tuk-tuk for Nong Khai, 5kms.
Nong Khai Attractions
- Nong Khai Aquarium -
- Salakaewkoo (Wat Khaek) -
- Issan Rum Distillery -
- Wat Pho Chai -
- Lan Phaya Nak -
- Tha Sadet Market -
- Nong Khai Muay Thai Gym -
- Phrathat Bang Phuan -
Travel Tips for Thailand
How to Get a 60-Day Thai Tourist Visa and then Extend by another 30 Days
This process is BEFORE Covid 19. Not sure what it is now.
- Bring the following to the Thai embassy:
a) proof of money (bank statement will suffice)
b) flight booking to Thailand
c) onward flight back to your country from Thailand
d) filled-in tourist visa form
e) 2 passport pictures
f) hotel booking in Thailand (they didn't ask me for this but better be safe)
g) passport with at least 6 months validity
- After handing over all the documents, they will ask you to come pick your passport with the visa the following day from 4 to 5pm. That's it!
- NOTE: after 2 successful attempts, I was already questioned the 3rd time.
60-Day Thai Tourist Visa
NOTE: There is no need to go back to your country to get the Thai tourist visa. Any major city with a Thai Embassy will do. Apparently there is also no need to have an invitation from a Thai establishment to justify the visa.
- bring the following to the Immigration Office:
a) passport (make sure your Tourist Visa hasn't expired yet)
b) Baht 1900
c) photocopy of your passport + visa duration date stamp + TM6 card (white immigration card) and sign all the copies
d) completed TM7 visa extension form (available at the Immigration Office)
e) one 4cmx6cm passport picture
- submit the above to the Front Desk. They will give you a stub with your number on it. Take a seat and wait for your number to be called
- when your number is called, your picture will be taken. Then go back to your seat. They will call you again.
- when they call you again, they'll give you your passport with your extended visa. That's it!
- when there are no lines, the whole process can take only 10 minutes
NOTE: When your 60-day visa is close to expiry and you want to extend your stay. No need to leave Thailand.
Book Train Tickets in Thailand
Book Train Tickets in Thailand Online by Train36.com
General Travel Tips
- avoiding scams - as a general rule, I ignore the touts or anyone I don't know who call out to me. The calling comes in many forms - "Hi! Where are you from?", "Excuse me! Excuse me!", "Where are you going?". I don't look them in the eye and I remain non-verbal with them. If you reply to them, you just gave them an 'in' to hound you. In order not to look rude, I smile and wave the 'not interested' hand to them, without looking at them.
- power bank - hand-carry your power bank. Do not check it in. You can be called in when you are already inside the plane to go all the way to the loading dock so you can personally remove the power bank...and chances are, you'll have to surrender it to them. And you might delay the plane departure!
»» next story: Visiting the Salakaewkoo (Giant Buddha Park) in Nong Khai
»» back to Fitness
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1973 | 1975 | 1976 | 1979 | 1981 | 1996 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | ALL BLOGS