May 20, 2020
Salamba Sirsasana A & B (Headstand)
Location : Nong Khai, Thailand
Sirsasana is NOT a beginner pose. Your body has to be detoxified already or more harm will result than good. Start with Sarvangasana first (Shoulder Stand). Best to be established in the practice before attempting this with your teacher.
In Sirsasana, the perception organs (nose, eyes, eyes, taste buds, brain) are below the heart where blood doesn't have to fight gravity to stimulate blood flow. It slows down the respiratory rate and displaces the internal organs giving them a reboot. While on headstand, the Sahasrara Chakra is massaged, paving way for its opening. When done with a butt-squeeze, it relieves piles/hemorrhoids. Sirsasana is one of the most useful asanas to promote mental peace and equanimity. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya calls it the King of Asanas. It is an asana, but since it performs a special function, it's also a mudra (Viparita Karani Mudra).
The Pineal Gland requires more blood to function optimally. With Sirsasana having the brain below the heart and not fighting gravity, the Pineal Gland gets all the oxygenated blood it needs.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
(May 21, 2020) Dam dude thats tight. Good job.
(May 21, 2020) Loved it!! Someone's watched it a lot!!
(May 21, 2020) Alak pa!
Vinyasa Krama by Srivatsa Ramaswami
(May 21, 2020) Siddhis
Power of Laugh
(May 21, 2020) Oooh so funny you're at Mut Mee! I love this place! Say hello to the owners, maybe they remember me haha 🙂
(May 21, 2020) Wow I'm gonna try that!
(May 21, 2020) Bravo! End, now a Sirsasana again! ❤ 🙂
(May 21, 2020) A lot to say about this posture. When I teach the anatomy of this posture, it takes me 90 minutes to make it short.
(May 21, 2020) There is a profound reason Tirumalai Krishnamacharya calls the Sirsasana the King of Asanas. It is one of a few asanas considered to be a mudra at the same time. I believe he performed 64 (?) permutations of Sirsasana to A.G. Mohan to prove his claim.
(May 21, 2020) https://yogainternational.com/article/view/king-and-queen-no-more. Enjoy
(May 21, 2020) Ha-ha, that was a long read. I agree with the concerns cited. Sirsasana is not a beginner pose. I already had a strong practice of 6 years before I even attempted my first Sirsasana. With proficiency, it's now an integral part of my routine.
Leave a comment?
- Sirsasana A & B May 20, 2020
- Viparita Karani Mudra Oct 31, 2019
- Yoga Makaranda II: Sirsasana, Sarvangasana Oct 7, 2016
Nong Khai Travel Information / Tips
Vientiane to Nong Khai by bus
At the Khua Din Bus Terminal, you can board the #14 bus bound for Buddha Park. It will make a stop on the Friendship Bridge border - 15 mins, B8000. Go to Laos Immigration to exit. Board the special bus to cross the Friendship Bridge, Kip 4,000 or Baht 20. It will stop at Thai Immigration. Get processed. From there, board a tuk-tuk for Nong Khai, 5kms.
Nong Khai Attractions
- Nong Khai Aquarium -
- Salakaewkoo (Wat Khaek) -
- Issan Rum Distillery -
- Wat Pho Chai -
- Lan Phaya Nak -
- Tha Sadet Market -
- Nong Khai Muay Thai Gym -
- Phrathat Bang Phuan -
Nong Khai Blogs by TheLoneRider
- Nong Khai - Chiang Khan Roadtrip June 18, 2020
- Life in Nong Khai Mar 13 - June 18, 2020
- Peoplescape of Nong Khai Jun 17, 2020
- Exploring Nong Khai's Cafe Culture Jun 10, 2020
- Nong Khai Street Art June 4, 2020
- Sirsasana A & B May 20, 2020
- Structured Water, Water Therapy and Nauli May 1, 2020
- Visiting the Salakaewkoo (Buddha Park) in Nong Khai, Thailand Apr 23, 2020
- Fitness in Quarantine Times Apr 20, 2020
- Covid 19: Lion - Buffalo Analogy Apr 13, 2020
- Covid 19 and the Conspiracies Mar - Apr, 2020
- Nong Khai with Cheng Mar 18 - Apr ???, 2020
- Covid 19 and Pranayama Mar 20, 2020
- Giant Mekong Catfish at the Nong Khai Aquarium Mar 19, 2020
- Drawn to Nong Khai, Thailand Mar 12, 2020
Travel Tips for Thailand
How to Get a 60-Day Thai Tourist Visa and then Extend by another 30 Days
This process is BEFORE Covid 19. Not sure what it is now.
- Bring the following to the Thai embassy:
a) proof of money (bank statement will suffice)
b) flight booking to Thailand
c) onward flight back to your country from Thailand
d) filled-in tourist visa form
e) 2 passport pictures
f) hotel booking in Thailand (they didn't ask me for this but better be safe)
g) passport with at least 6 months validity
- After handing over all the documents, they will ask you to come pick your passport with the visa the following day from 4 to 5pm. That's it!
- NOTE: after 2 successful attempts, I was already questioned the 3rd time.
60-Day Thai Tourist Visa
NOTE: There is no need to go back to your country to get the Thai tourist visa. Any major city with a Thai Embassy will do. Apparently there is also no need to have an invitation from a Thai establishment to justify the visa.
- bring the following to the Immigration Office:
a) passport (make sure your Tourist Visa hasn't expired yet)
b) Baht 1900
c) photocopy of your passport + visa duration date stamp + TM6 card (white immigration card) and sign all the copies
d) completed TM7 visa extension form (available at the Immigration Office)
e) one 4cmx6cm passport picture
- submit the above to the Front Desk. They will give you a stub with your number on it. Take a seat and wait for your number to be called
- when your number is called, your picture will be taken. Then go back to your seat. They will call you again.
- when they call you again, they'll give you your passport with your extended visa. That's it!
- when there are no lines, the whole process can take only 10 minutes
NOTE: When your 60-day visa is close to expiry and you want to extend your stay. No need to leave Thailand.
Book Train Tickets in Thailand
Book Train Tickets in Thailand Online by Train36.com
General Travel Tips
- arrive early - in case there is a snag (visa snag, documentation snag, transport ticket snag, etc.), you will have ample time to troubleshoot the problem if you arrive early (to the airport, to the bus terminal, etc.)
- put detailed itinerary on the Calendar apps of your smart-phone according to timelines - this is where you do all your thinking and planning. Once written down, you don't have to think anymore while you are on the journey...you just follow the steps. This frees your mind for something else that might happen while you are already en route
- avoiding scams - as a general rule, I ignore the touts or anyone I don't know who call out to me. The calling comes in many forms - "Hi! Where are you from?", "Excuse me! Excuse me!", "Where are you going?". I don't look them in the eye and I remain non-verbal with them. If you reply to them, you just gave them an 'in' to hound you. In order not to look rude, I smile and wave the 'not interested' hand to them, without looking at them.
- power bank - hand-carry your power bank. Do not check it in. You can be called in when you are already inside the plane to go all the way to the loading dock so you can personally remove the power bank...and chances are, you'll have to surrender it to them. And you might delay the plane departure!
»» next story: Wim Hof: Mind Over Physiology
»» back to Yoga
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1973 | 1975 | 1976 | 1979 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | ALL BLOGS