Feb 25, 2018
Bike Ride with Juan Huerte: Loboc, Sikatuna, Corella and Baclayon
Location: Loboc (municipality), Bohol (province), Philippines
Yoga & Fitness Website: YOGA by Gigit
After my CT scan showing no head trauma, I celebrated my new lease on life with an easy 28km bike ride with Juan Huerte that took us from Loboc to Sikatuna, Corella and Baclayon. It was half a day of leisurely story telling, eating, photo shoots and sikwate breaks. On the way back, we simply loaded our bikes on top of a Loboc-bound jeep.
I haven't done a bike ride with Juan in ages. I'm just glad he could squeeze a ride between his busy schedule. It was a good workout day on a saddle for both of us. Good bonding too!
This is my first workout in 2 weeks after my initial bout of vertigo after crashing head first from a 22-foot cliff dive.With the CT scan showing no trauma, I felt alive again on a new lease - the air smelled better, my vigor was heightened and my optimism renewed.
Reader Comments:Angelo Villanueva
(Feb 27, 2018) Ingats babes
(Feb 27, 2018) are you well enough to do that, Git?
(Feb 25, 2018) Talagang matigas ulo mo! (You really are hard-headed!)
Next stop: SUP Yoga with Lalah de Dios at Fox and the Firefly
Loboc, Bohol, Philippines
Bohol FYI / Tips
- the tourist area where most of the hotels, restaurants, ticket offices, tour operators are, is located within the Alona Beach area
- the tourist attractions in Bohol are far apart and spread-out. It would be difficult to visit them all using public mass transit. Better hire a van (P3500/day) if in a big group, or rent a motorcycle (P400/day + gas)
- Bohol relies on its tourism for revenue. As expected, everything they can capitalize on from tourism is extensively used and developed
Tagbilaran Port to PanglaoYou can charter any tricycle from the port all the way to Panglao (~P300), but if you want to do it on the cheap,
- don't take the tricycles lined-up inside the port. Walk past the port gate and immediately outside, you'll see many tricycles. Take one to the bus terminal in Dao (~P15)
- in Dao, take the jeep that plies the Panglao route (~P20)
Tagbilaran (Bohol) to Cebu City by boat** schedules and rates keep changing, call for latest schedule
- Weesam Express - departs 6:15 AM, 11:30 AM, 4:00 PM
one way: Economy (aircon) P500.00, Economy (non-aircon) P400.00, First Class P600.00
round trip promo (at least 2 days advance booking): Economy (aircon) P600, Economy(non-aircon) P500, First Class P1200
round trip promo (1 day or on the day booking): Economy (aircon) P800, Economy (non-aircon) P700, First Class P1200
- Ocean Jet - departs 6-7:05-8:20-9:20-11:40AM, 1-2-3:30-4:20-5:30-6:30PM, 2 hours, arrives Pier 1 in Cebu
Open Air / Tourist Class P800, Business Class P1000
+63(32)255 7560 / +63 (32) 255 0115 / 0917 638 0000
- SuperCat (2GO) - departs 5:50-11AM, 3:45-5:25-8:15PM, arrives Pier 1 in Cebu
+63 32 233 7000
Things to do, Places to go in Bohol
- Chocolate Hills - this is a clustering of more than 1200 hills within a 50km2 area. They range in height from 30-50 meters. What's unusual is their near-perfect conical shape resembling an individual chocolate chip. No one knows how they were formed. Entrance is P50/pax.
- Tarsier Conservation Area - located Upper Bonbon, Loboc. The tarsiers are no longer being played at by tourists as circus props, but instead, visitors now view them in cordoned-off areas in their natural 6ha habitat. As they are territorial and nocturnal, they are predictable on where they can be viewed. P50/pax.
- Alona Beach (Panglao) - Alona Beach is the tourist hub of Bohol. It has 1.5 kms of white sand beach lined-up by bars, hotels and restos. Alona is also the jump-off point for Balicasag Island, a world class dive destination.
- Danao Adventure Park - located in Barangay Magtangtang, 72 kms (2 hours ride) from Tagbilaran. Adventure activities include river trekking, tyrolean traverse, rappelling, bouldering, rock climbing and ziplining.
Carlos P. Garcia Island
»» next story: SUP Yoga with Lalah de Dios at Fox and the Firefly
»» next Mountain Biking story: No-Dismount Climb to Cruz Daku
»» back to Mountain Biking
»» back to Homepage
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | ALL BLOGS