Feb 23, 2018
CT Scan Result
Location: Tagbilaran City, Bohol (province), Philippines
- Cliff Dive at Molave Cove Feb 11, 2018
- The Silent Killer has Arrived Feb 19-22, 2018
- CT Scan Result Feb 23, 2018
Tagbilaran Community Hospital
I was up early to avoid the lines, but there wasn't any at Tagbilaran Community Hospital (ct scan is cheaper here compared to Ramiro Community Hospital - P4100 vs P5700) - I was the first one. After waiting for about an hour, I got the plates. I quickly took a look at it...nothing that resembled a crack or bleeding. I read the report and I cannot express in words the relief I felt at that time. It felt like being reborn.
Non-contrast axial CT images of the head reveal the following findings:
- The parenchymal density is normal with no focal lesions evident. The gray white matter interface is maintained.
- No acute intracranial hemorrhage nor abnormal extra-axial fluid accumulation is seen.
- The ventricles are normal in size and configuration.
- The midline structures are undisplaced. The basal cisterns are intact.
- The sella turcica and pineal gland are not unusual.
UNREMARKABLE NON-CONTRAST CT-SCAN OF THE HEAD
St. Jude Hospital
Without leaving anything to chance, I visited the same doctor who prescribed the Piracetam drug (for nerve damage control) at St. Jude Hospital. He attended my yoga class before...that's how we met. We talked as friends. He was likewise relieved to know the favorable result of my ct scan. He even advised that I can discontinue my Piracetam.
As for the spinning, he explained that if it wasn't coming from any hemorrhage or cranial fracture, it most likely was coming from a sensitive bone in my ear that got dislodged during the impact. Analogy - if you hammer a rusty gate, rust fragments will fall down. It will remain a floater which means my vertigo will recur. He advised that I do the Epley Maneuver - an exercise meant to relocate the floater through gravity, to the utricle where it should no longer cause any more spinning. That will be my mission for the next few days/weeks.
I don't mean to sound arrogant here (after what happened, that's the last thing on my mind), but from the ct scan report and from the plate itself, my cranium didn't have a scratch to it and no blood vessel rupture. You have to understand, I'm not a spring chicken anymore, and my head was hammer-slammed into what felt like solid concrete! That's why people jump off bridges to commit suicide - not from drowning, but from the impact! When I hit the water from 22-feet, I thought I shattered my skull and crushed my rib cage! Others would not have fared as well. Was that yoga? Was that prana? It only fortifies my resolve to deepen and SHARE my practice. But you won't see me jumping off cliffs anytime soon...or ever!
Even though my health would have remained the same without taking the ct scan, it did change a lot of things for me.
- previously, I had that gloomy resignation to what else might happen. Now I know it's just a manageable floater inside my ear - nothing to feel gloomy about
- previously, I couldn't workout or do yoga anymore for fear that any exersion might increase pressure to increase any bleeding. Knowing that my cranium is intact with no hemorrhage, I can go full-on with my yoga and workout
- even if I carried on with my daily life, there was this feeling of a ticking time bomb that would explode anytime...the arrival of another killer. Now, I know there is no silent killer
- I thought about cancelling my trip for Vipassana. What would I do alone in a different country when I lose my functionality? But now, I can continue with my travel plans with assurance nothing catastrophic will happen
There is a huge lesson to be learned here. My benevolent universe has given me a new lease on life! I could have easily ruptured a blood vessel in my brain that would make me eat my meals from a straw for the rest of my life! I'm talking about LIFE, not just mere existence - the ability to:
- do what you want to do
- be what you want to be
- go where you want to go
Life is tenacious and resilient, but it's not an impregnable force-field. I see it more now as a fragile gift from powers greater than me, to which I am thankful for. No matter how strong you are, life is still fragile. I am given another chance to accomplish whatever it is I need to do - I don't really know what that is, but I do my due-diligence not to just occupy space. Somehow, I feel a heightened sense of urgency about life. I used to say, "time is expensive and life is short". Now, I add something more, "time is expensive and life is short...and fragile".
I am moved and a little surprised at the outpouring of care and love from so many people - those who posted, who PMed, who emailed, etc. I'm TheLoneRider, but with such good friends, I'm never alone...perhaps never been. Love you guys...you know who you are. HUGS ❤!
Lastly, thank you to the 3 doctors who looked after my well-being without asking compensation for it. I'm not sure about your comfort level having your names here, so I did not include it. But please, know that your presence and guidance meant the world to me. I am grateful!
In celebration of my new lease on life, I'm doing a bike ride with Juan to Sikatuna Town tomorrow, an easy 25km two-way trip! Wow, every passing second feels like a celebration of life!
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Reader Comments:Sabrina Jac
(Feb 26, 2018) But What happened to you Gigit?
(Feb 26, 2018) Wow I just read and learned about your whole struggle from the start of your fall. What a wild ride! I'm so abundantly relieved for you that you still have your health... you are loved, my friend. Take care of yourself xo
(Feb 26, 2018) Take care Git!
(Feb 26, 2018) Amping permi, Git. ❤
(Feb 26, 2018) that's a relief Gigit. take care 🙂
(Feb 26, 2018) Ingat na Git. Your not getting younger
(Feb 26, 2018) Ingat, pards!
(Feb 24, 2018) That's a relief to know Git.. medical diagnostics has its place. 🙂 Now, about that dislodged tiny bone, u can focus on that one now... u are on your way to getting better ❤
(Feb 24, 2018) Big AMEN My Brother!!! ❤ 🙏
Melissa Anne Thomas
(Feb 24, 2018) Let me know what caused your ear to have this issue. I'm glad you're ok because scans are scary stuff. Much love ~ you are so dearly loved, Gigit ❤
(Feb 24, 2018) God Bless half-iron man he-he-he
Sophie Kirstie Rafols
(Feb 24, 2018) Stay Well, Kuya Gigit Sulit ❤ God bless
(Feb 24, 2018) Trust in the Lord always! God bless and keep you safe!
Jackie Garcia Dizon
(Feb 24, 2018) Hallelujah, Lord! 🙏
(Feb 24, 2018) Excellent news! Stay well, Gigit!! 🙂
Kin Soon Cheong
(Feb 24, 2018) Glad to know that you ok. Keep going!
(Feb 24, 2018) Glad to hear it wasn't so serious after all, take care!
(Feb 24, 2018) Good to know you're ok!
(Feb 24, 2018) We luv yu, Gigit! 🙂
(Feb 24, 2018) Keep safe always Gigit!
(Feb 24, 2018) Stay well Gigit
(Feb 24, 2018) Ayos!
(Feb 24, 2018) That's good to hear
(Feb 24, 2018) That's wonderful news!! It's the not knowing part that can spin the worse case scenarios in our minds. So happy for you. xo
(Feb 24, 2018) God is good! Take care of yourself
(Feb 24, 2018) Good, my wife and daughter had that it will just go away hope not long as I heard from other poeple, my wife has to go Physio. There are crystals? In our ear that got moved not sure, get well 🙂
(Feb 24, 2018) Second life Git! Fragile ka na 🙂
(Feb 24, 2018) praying for your safety always, Git.
(Feb 24, 2018) Happy to hear this good news.
(Feb 24, 2018) Good to hear. Be safe.
(Feb 24, 2018) better safe than sorry bro-- i know 2 people that had subdural hemotoma removed after CT scan showed them-- it saved their life.
(Feb 24, 2018) Good to know! 🙂
(Feb 24, 2018) hi Gigit hope you're okay, from Grant and me.. God bless
(Feb 24, 2018) So relieving and wonderful news! Perhaps new adventures less extreme 🙂!
(Feb 24, 2018) Glad you are okay. You are an inspiration to many of us 🙂
(Feb 24, 2018) you're well... I knew you would be!! hahaha ... take care! 🙂
(Feb 24, 2018) Stay careful man
(Feb 24, 2018) Ingat pre
(Feb 24, 2018) So glad you're fine, Git!
(Feb 24, 2018) Great news, Gigit
(Feb 24, 2018) Praise God 🙏
(Feb 24, 2018) ❤ 🙏
(Feb 24, 2018) Great news! Take care Gigit
(Feb 24, 2018) oh ! what a relief Git...
(Feb 24, 2018) salamat sa magandang balita :)
(Feb 24, 2018) good news Gigit, a great result, and of course a great relief for you my friend.
(Feb 24, 2018) Thank God!
(Feb 24, 2018) That's very good to know sir. I'm a bit worried about it.
Next stop: Bike Ride with Juan Huerte: Loboc, Sikatuna, Corella and Baclayon
Loboc, Bohol, Philippines
Bohol FYI / Tips
- the tourist area where most of the hotels, restaurants, ticket offices, tour operators are, is located within the Alona Beach area
- the tourist attractions in Bohol are far apart and spread-out. It would be difficult to visit them all using public mass transit. Better hire a van (P3500/day) if in a big group, or rent a motorcycle (P400/day + gas)
- Bohol relies on its tourism for revenue. As expected, everything they can capitalize on from tourism is extensively used and developed
Tagbilaran Port to PanglaoYou can charter any tricycle from the port all the way to Panglao (~P300), but if you want to do it on the cheap,
- don't take the tricycles lined-up inside the port. Walk past the port gate and immediately outside, you'll see many tricycles. Take one to the bus terminal in Dao (~P15)
- in Dao, take the jeep that plies the Panglao route (~P20)
Tagbilaran (Bohol) to Cebu City by boat** schedules and rates keep changing, call for latest schedule
- Weesam Express - departs 6:15 AM, 11:30 AM, 4:00 PM
one way: Economy (aircon) P500.00, Economy (non-aircon) P400.00, First Class P600.00
round trip promo (at least 2 days advance booking): Economy (aircon) P600, Economy(non-aircon) P500, First Class P1200
round trip promo (1 day or on the day booking): Economy (aircon) P800, Economy (non-aircon) P700, First Class P1200
- Ocean Jet - departs 6-7:05-8:20-9:20-11:40AM, 1-2-3:30-4:20-5:30-6:30PM, 2 hours, arrives Pier 1 in Cebu
Open Air / Tourist Class P800, Business Class P1000
+63(32)255 7560 / +63 (32) 255 0115 / 0917 638 0000
- SuperCat (2GO) - departs 5:50-11AM, 3:45-5:25-8:15PM, arrives Pier 1 in Cebu
+63 32 233 7000
Things to do, Places to go in Bohol
- Chocolate Hills - this is a clustering of more than 1200 hills within a 50km2 area. They range in height from 30-50 meters. What's unusual is their near-perfect conical shape resembling an individual chocolate chip. No one knows how they were formed. Entrance is P50/pax.
- Tarsier Conservation Area - located Upper Bonbon, Loboc. The tarsiers are no longer being played at by tourists as circus props, but instead, visitors now view them in cordoned-off areas in their natural 6ha habitat. As they are territorial and nocturnal, they are predictable on where they can be viewed. P50/pax.
- Alona Beach (Panglao) - Alona Beach is the tourist hub of Bohol. It has 1.5 kms of white sand beach lined-up by bars, hotels and restos. Alona is also the jump-off point for Balicasag Island, a world class dive destination.
- Danao Adventure Park - located in Barangay Magtangtang, 72 kms (2 hours ride) from Tagbilaran. Adventure activities include river trekking, tyrolean traverse, rappelling, bouldering, rock climbing and ziplining.
Carlos P. Garcia Island
»» next story: Bike Ride with Juan Huerte: Loboc, Sikatuna, Corella and Baclayon
»» next Slice of Life story: Calling the Bangkok Police
»» back to Slice of Life
»» back to Homepage
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | ALL BLOGS