Svadhisthana (sacral chakra)"My basic needs are met. I'm now intoxicated with sex, drugs and rock & roll. I want respect, prestige and admiration."
Location : Nong Khai, Thailand
Svadhishthana Chakra is at the reproductory organ, represented by a vermilion-colored (red orange) lotus flower with six petals, bearing the Sanskrit letters ba, bha, ma, ya, ra, and la. The mantra is VAM. The water element is shown as a silver crescent. This is where instinct (lying dormant in the Muladhara) finds expression in day-to-day life. Sexual desires are pent-up here and it's difficult for the awakened Kundalini to go past this chakra (because sex is intoxicating). In pop-culture parlance, this is responsible for craving sex, drugs and rock & roll. Compared to the Muladhara which is survival, Svadisthana is already beyond survival and into pleasure - much like Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Most people are stuck here - make money, acquire power and influence, crave for status and prestige.
When developed through pranayama, consciousness (caitanya) is attained (in this chakra). Good health pervades and the practitioner becomes disease-free, indefatigable and admirable (even from his enemies). Peace will reign and violence will disappear. He can walk through the jungle at night and no wild animal will harm him.
Asanas that Aid in Developing Svadhishthana Chakra
Supernatural Gifts (Siddhis)
Meditating on Svadhishthana brings about special superhuman abilities as follows:
- freedom from enemies
- the status of a lord among yogis
- eloquence in speech
- clarity in thinking
- being unafraid of water
- affinity with astral entities
- ability to manifest desires
My Actual Practice
I hold the gyana mudra while in padmasana. On the inhale, I do shitali mudra and engage my mula bandha while visualizing the kundalini shakti rise up from the muladhara to the svadisthana chakra. I visualize the shape and color of the chakras - the clearer the pictures in my head, the better. At the end of the inhale, while still holding the mula bandha, I pull my tummy in for uddiyana bandha, transition my tongue from shitali to nabho mudra, tuck my chin towards my chest for jalandara mudra, and hold my breath into a puraka kumbhaka (breath-hold on the inhale). While in this position, I imagine a white light pervading into the svadisthana chakra and illuminating everything. I give gratitude for the siddhis, feeling that I already have them. Before I make the exhale, I release the chin, release my tongue, and relax my entire body. On the exhalation, I chant the mantra VAM as I completely let go of the body - but I remain in gyana mudra and in padmasana. I repeat this cycle for 20 minutes.
The first few months of the practise, you should feel heat and start perspiring (that's where I am now as of this writing, May 2020). After that phase, you should somehow feel the body tremble uncontrollably (I first had this experience in June 26, 2020 after doing the Wim Hof method).
I remember during my younger years, shortly after graduating university, and pursuing a promising career, I was deep into my Svadisthana Chakra. With a good paying job, a modeling sideline, money, car, tv commercial airing nightly and my own apartment, it was a very good life of freedom, girls and glamour. I didn't have to sneak my girlfriend into my Dad's house anymore. Getting laid was the order of the day. There would never be an episode where I was not with a girlfriend. I even obsessed on a Lamborghini. It was all good while it lasted. But all that is history now. I'm happy with the meager loose change in my pocket, content that I have a roof over my head even if I am technically homeless. With no property but a wealth of life experience as I travel the open road, I can equally say that now is also a very good life.
--- Gigit (TheLoneRider)
YOGA by Gigit | Learn English | Travel like a Nomad | Donation Bank
Leave a comment?
Nong Khai Travel Information / Tips
Vientiane to Nong Khai by bus
At the Khua Din Bus Terminal, you can board the #14 bus bound for Buddha Park. It will make a stop on the Friendship Bridge border - 15 mins, B8000. Go to Laos Immigration to exit. Board the special bus to cross the Friendship Bridge, Kip 4,000 or Baht 20. It will stop at Thai Immigration. Get processed. From there, board a tuk-tuk for Nong Khai, 5kms.
Nong Khai Attractions
- Nong Khai Aquarium -
- Salakaewkoo (Wat Khaek) -
- Issan Rum Distillery -
- Wat Pho Chai -
- Lan Phaya Nak -
- Tha Sadet Market -
- Nong Khai Muay Thai Gym -
- Phrathat Bang Phuan -
Nong Khai Blogs by TheLoneRider
- Nong Khai - Chiang Khan Roadtrip June 18, 2020
- Life in Nong Khai Mar 13 - June 18, 2020
- Peoplescape of Nong Khai Jun 17, 2020
- Exploring Nong Khai's Cafe Culture Jun 10, 2020
- Nong Khai Street Art June 4, 2020
- Sirsasana A & B May 20, 2020
- Structured Water, Water Therapy and Nauli May 1, 2020
- Visiting the Salakaewkoo (Buddha Park) in Nong Khai, Thailand Apr 23, 2020
- Fitness in Quarantine Times Apr 20, 2020
- Covid 19: Lion - Buffalo Analogy Apr 13, 2020
- Covid 19 and the Conspiracies Mar - Apr, 2020
- Nong Khai with Cheng Mar 18 - Apr ???, 2020
- Covid 19 and Pranayama Mar 20, 2020
- Giant Mekong Catfish at the Nong Khai Aquarium Mar 19, 2020
- Drawn to Nong Khai, Thailand Mar 12, 2020
Travel Tips for Thailand
How to Get a 60-Day Thai Tourist Visa and then Extend by another 30 Days
- Bring the following to the Thai embassy:
a) proof of money (bank statement will suffice)
b) flight booking to Thailand
c) onward flight back to your country from Thailand
d) filled-in tourist visa form
e) 2 passport pictures
f) hotel booking in Thailand (they didn't ask me for this but better be safe)
g) passport with at least 6 months validity
- After handing over all the documents, they will ask you to come pick your passport with the visa the following day from 4 to 5pm. That's it!
- NOTE: after 2 successful attempts, I was already questioned the 3rd time.
60-Day Thai Tourist Visa
NOTE: There is no need to go back to your country to get the Thai tourist visa. Any major city with a Thai Embassy will do. Apparently there is also no need to have an invitation from a Thai establishment to justify the visa.
- bring the following to the Immigration Office:
a) passport (make sure your Tourist Visa hasn't expired yet)
b) Baht 1900
c) photocopy of your passport + visa duration date stamp + TM6 card (white immigration card) and sign all the copies
d) completed TM7 visa extension form (available at the Immigration Office)
e) one 4cmx6cm passport picture
- submit the above to the Front Desk. They will give you a stub with your number on it. Take a seat and wait for your number to be called
- when your number is called, your picture will be taken. Then go back to your seat. They will call you again.
- when they call you again, they'll give you your passport with your extended visa. That's it!
- when there are no lines, the whole process can take only 10 minutes
NOTE: When your 60-day visa is close to expiry and you want to extend your stay. No need to leave Thailand.
General Travel Tips
- avoiding scams - as a general rule, I ignore the touts or anyone I don't know who call out to me. The calling comes in many forms - "Hi! Where are you from?", "Excuse me! Excuse me!", "Where are you going?". I don't look them in the eye and I remain non-verbal with them. If you reply to them, you just gave them an 'in' to hound you. In order not to look rude, I smile and wave the 'not interested' hand to them, without looking at them.
- power bank - hand-carry your power bank. Do not check it in. You can be called in when you are already inside the plane to go all the way to the loading dock so you can personally remove the power bank...and chances are, you'll have to surrender it to them. And you might delay the plane departure!
»» next Chakra: Anahata (Heart Chakra)
»» next Yoga story: Structured Water, Water Therapy and Nauli
»» back to Yoga
»» back to Homepage
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | ALL BLOGS