Cagsawa Ruins of Daraga: Mar 24, 2009 / P3240146
Previous Home Next

Translation: "...Franciscan priests built this church in 1773. The parishioners of Cagsawa moved here after their church was buried by Mayon's eruption in 1814...offered in 1854 to Nuestra Señora dela Porteria...used as headquarters of the Japanese and destroyed in 1945 during World War II...restored from 1971-1973...a good example of Baroque architecture as exemplified by skilled Filipino workers during the Spanish period. "