Udon Thani XXXXXXXXXXXX
Udon Thani Blogs by TheLoneRider
Low Season (2020)(Feb 29, 2020) This is a weird combination of a horror romantic comedy - but it's a true story. Girl sees ghosts and struggles to keep a boyfriend who thinks she's crazy. She goes on a solo trip and meets Boy...and you the rest.....more »»
Thai Food Cooking at ISaan Workshop(Feb 26, 2020) Stumbling-upon a fashionable cafe in Udon Thani, the I AM Champ Cafe, I met the charming owner who invited me to partake in her forthcoming cooking workshop. My last cooking class was still in Chiang Mai. Now I get the chance to roll-up my sleeve and try Udon Thani's culinary specialty!....more »»
Movie Review: Parasite(Feb 25, 2020) There is a reason Parasite won the first ever foreign film for Best Picture at the Oscar Awards. It's a Korean film you have to watch in English subtitles. Foreign film and subtitles are usually a death knell for a film award in Hollywood, but Parasite transcended that hurdle. Enough said, just watch the movie.....more »»
Abundance in Udon Thani, Thailand(Feb 25, 2020) After the void of Sukhothai and Phitsanulok, I began to question what the heck I was traveling for. But when I reached Udon Thani, I felt the same surge of energy I felt in Chiang Mai. It was the familiar tap on the shoulder by my benevolent universe, letting me know there'll be good times ahead. True enough, within 24 hours of arriving, I already bartered a hotel deal, cooking class workshop and movie nights. I was once again into the FLOW!....more »»
Udon Thani Travel Information / Tips
Phitsanulok to Udon Thani by bus
You can either go to the Bus Terminal 1 or 2 in Phitsanulok for a bus bound for Udon Thani. There are more trips from Terminal 2. But I ended up in Terminal 1 (window 34) where you only have 2 daily trips: 9:30 am and 10:30pm. B293, 6 hours. From Terminal 1 Phitsanulok, you will be taken to Bus Station 2 (and it will not go to Bus Station 1 which is further east) in Udon Thani. You may have to take a tuk-tuk if your hotel is near Station 1. Tuk-tuk/motorcycles inside the bus station will over-charge you from B100-B150. Just wait for the city bus that goes inside Station 2 - only B20. Inside the bus, you'll see a map with the bus' red-line route. Use this as your guide where to get off.
Udon Thani Attractions
- Night Market -
- Nong Prajak Public Park -
- Phu Prabhat Historical Park -
- Ban Chiang Museum -
- Wat Phothisomphon -
- Thai-Chinese Cultural Center -
General Travel Tips
- avoiding scams - as a general rule, I ignore the touts or anyone I don't know who call out to me. The calling comes in many forms - "Hi! Where are you from?", "Excuse me! Excuse me!", "Where are you going?". I don't look them in the eye and I remain non-verbal with them. If you reply to them, you just gave them an 'in' to hound you. In order not to look rude, I smile and wave the 'not interested' hand to them, without looking at them.
- power bank - hand-carry your power bank. Do not check it in. You can be called in when you are already inside the plane to go all the way to the loading dock so you can personally remove the power bank...and chances are, you'll have to surrender it to them. And you might delay the plane departure!
»» back to Traveling
»» back to Homepage
1970 | 1981 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | ALL BLOGS